Recreational diving is one of the most popular water sport there is. Scuba diving, in particular, is sought after by tourists who would like to experience the coral and marine system lurking underwater or get the opportunity to be up close with marine life and species. And while it is a fun and seemingly harmless adventure, you should learn and observe basic safety tips to have the best experience in scuba diving Phuket promised.
To make it easy for you to remember these safety tips, they are listed below:
- Do not touch or alter the marine wildlife. This is the number one rule to observe when scuba diving. When diving, you are merely there to observe. Therefore, touching or destroying anything you see underwater is not permitted at all.
- Always dive in pairs. This is highly recommended if you are a novice diver. Even expert divers are not allowed to dive alone and always observe the buddy system.
- Come up with an emergency plan with your dive partner.It is important that both of you are on the same page in case of emergency situations. The best experience in scuba diving Phuket centers provide are sufficient orientation for divers prior to starting the dive.
- Secure your gear. Make sure that you avoid dangling gear that can come in contact with the coral or any marine life. It is also for your own safety because you want to ensure you have your gears secured and functioning well throughout your dive.
- Listen to the diving charter. When diving, always listen to the rules and regulations set by the diving charter.
- Always observe a slow ascent rate. When ascending, you should not go faster than 30 feet a minute or two feet every two seconds.
- Be wary of how the air tastes when you breathe. There is a huge risk involved with carbon monoxide inhalation from your compressor, which can lead to poisoning. Let this issue be known to your charter or dive shop immediately so they can have your oxygen tank replaced.
- Understand and memorize hand signals. Make sure you understand and memorize the recommended hand signals for diving.
- Use “buddy breathe” with caution. In case of a no-air emergency, never use the “buddy breathe” method unless you two are extremely skilled at it.
- If you are low on air, do not be a cowboy. Slowly make your way back to the surface. Do not wait until your air is almost out before you begin your ascent.
- When you are low on air, stay calm. If you can still breathe air, then you still have time to return to the surface. Avoid bolting straight up to the surface as this is extremely dangerous.
Now that you understand the basic safety protocols in Scuba diving Phuket sites require, check out Bubba Diving at their website. This dive center in Phuket is a family run business. Therefore, they are your best bet when it comes to personalized diving trips. They have certified diving instructors and provide you with all of the equipment you need to make the most of your diving experience, whether it is your first time or not.